Demos for new Sample Developer: Embertone

Posted on July 3, 2012 at 1:25 pm, by Ben

I love the sampled instrument industry. There’s so much vigorous competition, development of new techniques and technologies is happening all the time–it seems like “revolutionary” and “game-changing” new libraries come out every year. Well, there’s a new sample developer on the block: Embertone, the brainchild of composers Alex Davis and Jonathan Churchill. This last week I wrote up a couple instrument demos for some of their new instruments: “Jubal flute”, a simple reed flute, and “Ivory Wind”, a tenor recorder. Check it out!

Benjamin Botkin – “Gift of a Whistle” – Jubal Flute by Embertone

Benjamin Botkin – “Antique Dealer” – Ivory Wind by Embertone

Their instruments are very playable and incredibly low-priced. I’m very curious to see what comes out of this brand in the future, as I’ll probably be picking a lot of it up to use in my music.

Go ahead and follow them on Facebook and Soundcloud so you can keep in touch with news and future developments.

• Very nice pieces, Ben. I especially enjoyed the first one. And even more especially enjoyed the title of the first one.

Posted by Gabriel Hudelson on July 9th, 2012 at 8:33 pm
  • Thanks for the plug! We love your demos and are grateful to have your help. Look forward to getting your help with future instruments…

Posted by Alex Davis on July 9th, 2012 at 8:42 pm
  • Thanks, Gabriel! Yeah, it was sounding a little Braveheart-y, so I figured I’d give it a tongue-in-cheek name to make people think I copied on purpose. 🙂

Posted by admin on July 9th, 2012 at 8:58 pm
  • Alex, my pleasure! The instruments are great and I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys have up your sleeves in the future.

Posted by admin on July 9th, 2012 at 8:58 pm
  • Hi there, Ben. Great pieces you’ve made. I can see you like high quality virtual instruments. Why don’t you check out these three for even more inspiration: Orangetree, Soniccouture and Ilya Efimov. Their products all work with NI Kontakt.

Posted by Frank on May 6th, 2014 at 3:36 pm