Currently working on…

Posted on October 17, 2010 at 8:21 pm, by Ben

I am in the process of writing the score for the up-and-coming feature film, “Ace Wonder: Message From a Dead Man.” Below you can hear a short teaser of a cue I’m working on. In the scene I am writing this for, Ace Wonder, professional half-pint shamus, begins his investigation into the type of case that only a hard-boiled 4’11” detective could solve.

Here is the second teaser trailer:

More posts on the score to follow.

• Wow~ we really like the music and we are looking forward to seeing the entire movie with the score!

Jordan, Shiloh, & Bethany

Posted by Ebenezer Forest Farm on October 17th, 2010 at 9:47 pm
  • I was already looking forward to the movie, and now that I know you’re the one scoring it I’m even more excited!

Posted by Kyleigh on October 18th, 2010 at 2:42 am
  • I agree with Kyleigh! WOW! I was so excited about the movie, now I’m going NUTS! YEAH! Good job, it’s all beautiful!

Posted by Natalya on October 18th, 2010 at 11:19 am
  • Great job Ben! I can’t wait to see the premiere next week, and I’m just as excited to hear the music.

Posted by Phillip Haumesser on October 18th, 2010 at 2:54 pm
  • Great clip. Very- detectivey. Captured the genre very well. Just enough playfulness, just enough gravitas, and, of course, a whole bunch of signature private-eye.

Posted by Gabriel H. on October 18th, 2010 at 4:14 pm
  • Haha! That’s amazing! I can’t wait to hear the final score. It sounds like you’re giving this a unique flare.

Posted by David Bowman on October 18th, 2010 at 4:32 pm
  • Really good music, Mr. Botkin! It’s perfect—it fits the Moore’s well! Lol Looking forward to seeing the complete film……I hope they release the soundtrack too….. 😀

A sister in Christ,
    Jamie, 16

Posted by Jamie on October 19th, 2010 at 11:41 pm
  • Ben:

Doing an excellent job on the score thus far. Keep up the fantastic work and keep the faith most of all.

Andy

Posted by Andy Redman on October 21st, 2010 at 10:37 pm
  • Ingeniously written! Looking forward to more posts on the subject.
    @Gabriel H.
    I agree, very well balanced.

Posted by Daniel Lamb on October 22nd, 2010 at 2:39 pm
  • Very very nice – If I may humbly say so, it’s actually my favorite piece of yours to date! Delicate yet colorful orchestration, some jazzy elements (love the flat9 “blue note” in the piano!), plus most importantly a wonderful touch of whimsy. 🙂 Bravo.

Posted by Molly on November 3rd, 2010 at 6:27 pm
  • In the trailer, it sounds like you used some of your work from “I like to Spy”

Posted by Andrew on December 9th, 2010 at 12:25 pm
  • Fantastic! The feel of the piece is just perfect. I’ve enjoyed listening to your music for quite some time. Keep up the great work!

Posted by Jeremy White on January 18th, 2011 at 12:55 am